Tuesday, May 31, 2011

yes I know this isnt exactly daily painting...

But it is painting when I can, and gives me the opportunity to strive to paint on a daily basis.  Now I just need to remember to post on a daily basis! (or even semi daily).  

Anyway...

I have a couple new paintings for you that I have completed over the last week.  The first is from a photograph by Bill Glenn and used with his permission.  I did change some elements of that photo to make a better composition and I believe a better painting.

Cades Cove
Pastel 9"x12"




And this one is from a Photograph I took myself a few weeks ago in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.  This is Meigs falls and easily missed if you are not looking for it. I enjoyed the challenges this one presented me :)

Meigs Falls
Pastel 9"x12"

I really had thought I might plein air paint this week on my day off but it is way to hot to be out there at 95 degrees.  Perhaps one day next week.  :) thank you for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment